Thursday, September 27, 2007

My Mom got her "free ticket into heaven" card approved!

Some of you probably know that my mom has been going through the process to see if she is a match to donate her kidney to her brother, Jimmy. She got the news today that she is a match and they are going to do the surgery. They are scheduled to go in on November 1st for the surgery. It is very exciting, scary and crazy! My Uncle has been on dialysis for a couple months after they found out that his only kidney has stopped working. My mom had a feeling that she was going to be able to donate after she found out they have the same blood type. From there they did numerous tests, and was pretty much checked out from head to toe!

So it is final and they have a date! So please, everyone keep my mom and my uncle in your prayers, especially November 1st, which is also All Saints Day!

My mom always joked about figuring out how she can for sure get into heaven and she found her answer! How funny is that?

Thank you for keeping our family in your prayers! There are seven kids in her family all married and most with kids so there is a lot of family going through all of this. My Uncle Jimmy is married and has three kids, 28, 26, 24 and a brand new grandchild who is 4 months old. Lots to live for!

Thank you!!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

God bless your mom. She is hands down a wonderful person! Let us know if you need anything--love ya.

Beth said...

That's awesome Liz! What an amazing gift she is able to share. My thoughts and prayers will be with your family! Give me a call if you need anything or just want to chat!