Friday, September 7, 2007

Slowly moving into adulthood...

In a matter of a week Bryan and I made two large purchases. The first was a couch and love seat from Slumberland. We were still using my parent's furniture from the early 90's. Now we have cumfy, plush, taupe colored furniture and I love it! It was a great buy- buy a couch get a free love seat, you can't beat that deal!

Our next large purchase was a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Upland edition. It has all the bells and whistles, including (my favorite feature) pedal adjustment. This is the most wonderful invention for short people who don't want to have the steering wheel up in their face! It is very fun to drive, but more fun to see how happy it makes Bryan. He has wanted this car since he was 16! I will post a picture later!

Side Note:

~They tell medical students that they need to be okay with delayed gratification because by the time you are done with school, your friends have been working for at least 4 years. I always understood this and knew what I was getting into when I married a medical student but until now, I haven't had that feeling. I think when you don't know what you're missing you don't miss it! Now that we're in a better place and know that in the next year Bryan will have a paycheck and we will have a house I understand what they mean. I have these beautiful couches and a small apartment to put them in. Along with a beautiful Jeep and a pretty small, run down garage... I am not complaining, although I don't know how complaining would sound any different! I guess it just makes me more anxcious for the future, and it just can't come soon enough. The anticipation is killing me!

I know the holidays will be a great distraction between Halloween, Thanksgiving, CHRISTMAS, New Years... and then Match in March. The time should fly by!!!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

FULL speed ahead for you two!!! Im glad you are getting your luxuries. You have earned them. Love ya.

Anne Bjerken said...

Though I did not have to wait as long, I feel the pain of "delayed gratification," wait until everyone thinks you are rich but really you pay more than most people make in student loans! Some day we will enjoy the fruits of our labor...

Janell said...

Glad Jeff and I got to sit and ride in Bryan's new toy while we were there! It's always fun getting new luxuries! :) Love ya!