Sunday, November 16, 2008

Some baby stuff to share!

So since we're moving in on three months left I thought we should probably get the baby's room ready, not a bad idea huh? I know there are a lot of people who would have already finished everything but I didn't want to do the room by myself and this week Bryan has some time to paint. He has a float week which means he carries the pager ALL week, 24/7 and hopefully he will not get called in. Everyone think non-paging thoughts!

So a couple weeks ago I was getting really frustrated about trying to find bedding. I didn't want any "themes" so finding just colors I like was becoming difficult. But thanks to Anne B. (who should have her own blog- but that's another story!) who sent me a couple links I found the bedding I love! Then I googled it and found it even cheaper at JCPenny! What did people do without Internet!!!

So here is the bedding, I think we're going to paint in the bright green... whatta ya think?
And here is the bassinette! I really needed something small because our bedroom isnt very big. I also wanted something that rocked and something I could wheel out of the room in case I had to. I love the neutral colors and it also has music with it!

So, that is where we're at. Although thanks to friends and family buying us gifts and giving us their stuff we are very lucky and have a room of stuff! I am excited to get the room finished, I think that will make it seem very real.

I think what's scary is now when I read my week and what's going on it tells you the chance of survival at this point. This week if my baby was born he would have an 85% chance of survival. It's scary to think of but crazy too!

I passed the three hour glucose test which is good because if I had to give up doughnuts and sweets it would of been a LONG three months. It wasn't fun but I can't complain, I have had a very smooth pregnancy so it's a small thing to do.

But things are going well. This baby kicks so much, but I figured out where it's coming from. My wonderful husband likes to drum on everything. The table at the restaurant, the coffee table, basically anything that makes noise he will tap. I think our son is taking after his father and is drumming on anything he can find!!! It's a crazy feeling but so nice to have a reminder that someone is in there.

My sister and Rian were down for a couple hours and Noelle got to feel some good kicks, everytime she would jump! There were some good ones for her, which I think helps other people start getting attached to the baby. I totally get that. I was always the first one to feel the belly on everyone else!

So, this was going to be a short post but oh well! We are off to Disney on Saturday morning! Our flight leaves at 7am, Bryan is on call until midnight. So we have to leave Rochester around 4am, pick up Rian and get to the airport around 5:30! Yikes!

3 comments:

Karla said...

Liz, I love the baby bedding! It's so adorable! Have a great, warm time in Florida; we were there at the same time last year and it was wonderful! Take care!

Erin LaRayne Agosto said...

Have fun in Florida! The baby stuff looks awesome!

amrolih said...

I hope baby pershing has a good time in florida! Oh, and you too of course. Take advantage of being the prego and relax!