Monday, November 10, 2008

I had to move up a size in scrub pants...ehhh!

Things are going well and this baby is growing! I just had a doctor's appointment following the failure of my glucose test. I missed it by 3 points so now I have to go take the 3 hour test, I'm not looking forward to that. But my doctor wasn't too concerned and either was Bryan so it'll just be a pain for that day. Other than that, baby's heartbeat was good, between 150 and 160. She measured me and I am measuring right on, which is really nice to hear because everyone and their mother has been telling me I am tiny for how far along I am.
I have been able to develop a really great symptom of pregnancy; nose bleeds. I have been doing all I can to help it and the doc is going to test me just to be on the safe side. But a really attractive side effect huh?
The baby is kicking a lot, he is still kicking in the morning and at night but I still get kicks throughout the day. The doctor said to count at least 10 kicks within 2 hours just to make sure they baby is doing well. It takes me about 5-15 minutes to count 10 kicks. He is always moving!!! It is fun and comforting but sometimes in the early morning I'd rather he sleep a little more!
In less than 2 weeks my parents are taking my sister, Rian, me and Bryan to Disney World for 5 days. I am very excited to have a little vacation with my family before the baby is here and have some time to relax. Although I don't have a maternity bathing suit and there's no way I'm buying a new one for a trip, so we'll see how that one goes!
I have about 2 months left of working before I am going on maternity leave after the first of the year. And by maternity leave I mean my parents are going to help us out. My mom said that the best gift she could give me was giving me time off before the baby comes to relax and get things ready without having to work. So I am excited for that, and very thankful they are helping us out. Financially, I am barely helping to pay a bill or two so it's nice to not stress about money knowing that we have some help when/if we need it.
We bought the bedding for the baby's room and also bought the bassinnette so we're on our way!

Here is the belly, in all its big ol glory!
This is my favorite maternity top/sweater that my mom bought me!



5 comments:

Jessica said...

Liz you are so cute. I hope you have a wonderful time in Florida.

Anonymous said...

you look cute.

i always got nose bleeds too... one of the many joys of pregnancy. :)

Unknown said...

YAY! Baby's first trip to Disney World. First of many. I remember my first trip to Disneyland was also in the womb! I can't wait!!!
ps: Your belly is gonna look so hot in a two piece! hehehe

Carrie said...

You still look little : ) It's so cute.

Erin LaRayne Agosto said...

My bathing suit stretched out for me so I could still swim with Daylen at least once a week. I did not like the maternity ones the offer, ick. Your suit will work for you! Have fun on your vacation! Ciao for now!