Monday, November 12, 2007

A couple thank you's...

I wanted to take the time to thank the people who have really helped me out through this. First of all...
~CONOR & AMY: Thank you for coming to my grandma's wake. I didn't realize how much support I needed until I had two people there who were for ME. It was a long night of taking care of my mom and trying to not think about why we were really there. Your support meant the world to me and seeing you both there really reminded me what good friends you are. You just showed up, I didn't have to ask, you just knew that I needed it and you did it. I love you both so much! Thank you for the sweet card, it didn't make me cry like the email, thank goodness, I couldn't take much more of that!
And Ame, your parents are so sweet, sending my mom a beautiful bouquet!

~JANELL: For being the farthest away I felt all your prayers and thoughts. Not that you don't have anything else on your mind right now. You called me to check up on me, even knowing that I might not be able to talk. You called my mom, and of course cried! You know when to call and what to say and I love you for that!

CARRIE: Thank you for making food for my parents and the sweet card to my mom. Thank you for the card for me, I needed it and it helped so much. Thank you for calling and listening. Thank you for giving updates to the people who called, since I wasn't up to talking about it two more times.

BETH: Thank you for the sweet card, my sister saw it on my table and felt so happy that you included her- I really appreciate it!

Thank you so much! This has been a really difficult time for me and my family.

My Mom is doing well and recovering at home.
My Unlce is still in the hospital. He had a mass next to the kidney that they had to drain. They think that the mass was putting pressure on the kidney and that's why it wasn't working as well as it should be. So hopefully the numbers will start to get better and he can go home soon. Please keep him in your prayers.

All of this makes you realize the wonderful people in your life and what's really important. Don't take one day for granted.

3 comments:

Janell said...

I LOVE YOU TOO!!! You know I'm always here for you, even though the distance is there. You've done a lot for me too...that's what friends are for! I wish I could be there to do more. Give the family my love with lots of hugs! Miss you. :) 2 more days until I go into the hospital--OH MY GOODNESS!!

Beth said...

I am here anytime you need me Liz! Love you!

Unknown said...

Elizabeth-Sometimes words do not seem fitting and being in person can say more than words ever could. It was never a thought in our minds about attending your grandma's wake-we knew we had to be there for YOU. We have always stuck together and I know we always will.
Each day that goes by will be a little easier than the last. We are here to support you and to help you get through those days that are not so easy~and to be glad for the days that are good.
All our love~
Ames and Conor