Saturday, March 7, 2009

Quick update

So I have a minute while Owen is enjoying his swing... I'll post pics later but I wanted to drop a note while I had quiet. So far things are going well, I am tired, yes, but doing well and happy! Bryan has been an amazing help, I know he feels bad that he needs sleep just as much as I do. He changes every diaper while he is home and makes sure I have lots of water and snacks before he heads off to bed and I head off to "night duty". Also knows as his favorite time of the day!!

Bryan has had three call nights since Owen has been born. The first two were on the weekends and so my Mom came down to help both times. Which I have to say was a god send because I was so tired and my mom would keep sending me to bed after I fed him!! My sister has been down a few little trips to help me out which usually ends in tears... same as my mom's visit. It's the only time since the birth that I have cried and felt a little out of control. I think having company is so nice that when they leave I am sad. Plus they start crying first which never ends well!

So far Owen has been a pretty good baby. He really only cries when he needs something or when his little tummy hurts. He LOVES to be held and basically will only go up to an hour in the bassinette or swing. If I want a good 2-3 hour span of sleep I put him on my chest and we sleep that way. I have been trying to break him into the bassinette so during the day I'll put him in there hoping he'll get used to it. Any suggestions for that?

We are all doing well, all tired but all happy! He is growing everyday, probably because he likes to eat so much! That has been a blessing- he loves to eat and has latched well. He likes to eat when he's hungry but is starting to want to comfort nurse too. As long as it keeps him happy and quiet I am fine with it!

Visitors have just started to come down, I think this week will be the start of the rush. It was nice to start to get used to the baby before we had lots of people visit. But now that we're kinda getting the hang of it I feel a lot more comfortable having people visit.

I appreciate all the emails, phone calls and text messages that people have sent. I have been pretty bad at returning them but I figure people understand. If I get a free minutes I'm either sleeping or eating! Now that he is getting used to the swing I hope to start calling people back!

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND LOVE!!!!

Pictures to follow... promise!

2 comments:

amrolih said...

I'm so glad to hear that you and Owne have such an amazing support system around you. Get the sleep where you can and don't worry about the tears! They're good for you.

MJ Lamon said...

I love it! I can't wait to come visit. I am still going to shoot for April. We will see if that works. I have a feeling that I am going to make it to April. Take care. Love, MJ