Friday, February 20, 2009

Owen Charles

Owen Charles Pershing was born February 17th, at 7:33pm. He was 6lbs 12oz and 18in.
I went into labor Monday around 6pm with contractions all night, went to the hospital around 7:30am and labored without meds until 2pm and I was 7 cent.
Epidural was a god send and made me feel like I had the energy to push.
I started pushing around 6:15 or so and after a little over an hour he was born! We are very lucky everything went to smoothly and are now enjoying our little boy!
Here are some pictures... I hope to update this with more details later!
Bryan and Owen- aren't genetics crazy?!?!
multi tasking

happy its all over


Baby footprints



Auntie Noelle came and helped the first couple days!

















Grandpa Charlie







Grandma Debra





























Right after... still over whelmed, tired and happy!






































The first time I saw my little boy...


Things went so well and smoothly for us. Bryan is the most amazing father and loves this little boy more than anything.
I am so blessed and lucky to have such wonderful boys in my life!













9 comments:

Jessica said...

He is so adorable. I hope that things went well and I can't wait to read more. Take care!

Anonymous said...

awww... he's so cute... i can't believe how much he looks like that picture of bryan! so happy things went well for you. take care of yourself these next few weeks!

Tiffany and Brian said...

I love all the pictures... Thank you so much for posting. Very prompt... The picture of you mother is priceless, it just sums up all feelings all at once. Pictures like this bring back so many memories... you will cherish forever. Definately has Brian's nose... He is so cute and I love the name. Can't wait to hold him. Been going baby crazy here lately.. don't envy your upcoming sleepless nights but would love to hold a little one right now. Sounds like everything went so smooth, I'm so very happy for you. Call if you need some help, or if you need to cry in the phone or if you just have to brag about how great you did in labor... Congratulations!!!!!! (don't feel like you need to call, I didn't do much for the first month, well as far as calling, Addi was on the ocean on day 4)

Janell said...

Seeing the 3 of you together and the love in your eyes is so beautiful! Welcome to mommyhood...it's absolutely amazing!! :) Can't wait to talk to you again and see how everything's going. Give the boys a hug and kiss for me! LOVE & MISS YOU!

Beth said...

Congratulations!! I am so happy for you guys! Carrie kept me updated on things by forwarding me Noelle's texts...we were all so excited! :) I have to say, my favorite pictures are the ones where you are seeing him for the first time...they are priceless! I can't wait to meet him! Love you all...

amrolih said...

Yeah Mommy! Congrats on such a beatiful little boy, an amazing support group, and such a strong mommy! You're pictures are amazing. Yep, I shed a tear while looking through them. I can't wait to see you and the little guy. Take care of yourself and the family.

Katherine said...

So adorable. What a wonderful start to an amazing journey. Call to vent and chit-chat anytime. Can't wait to meet and hold that little bundle. He looks to tiny!!!!! Amazing to think my Annie was even smaller! Lots of love to you and bryan. SO glad you have help these first couple of weeks and I look forward to play dates this Spring!!!

Carrie said...

Beautiful pictures, babe! A few new ones, too. I am glad that both of you are healthy and doing well! I can't wait to meet him and to see you--you are going to be excellent at this!

Karla said...

Congrats to the new mommy and daddy! He is just sweet!~ And I was bawling when I saw the photos! :)