Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Day!

Yes, I am due, and no I am not in labor. I'm pretty tired of talking about it so lets talk about Valentines Day instead.
Ten years ago today Bryan and I celebrated our first Valentines Day together. This night consisted of Bryan making spaghetti at my parents house. We had the table all decorated and the house to ourselves. (Nothing more exciting than that in high school!!)
I don't remember what I got Bryan but he gave me a very beautiful diamond ring. It's not quite the size of my engagement ring but I like holding them up next to each other! I was so excited to get it and even more excited to wear it to school the next day. But then my parents saw it and weren't quite as excited for their 18 year old to get a diamond ring for her boyfriend of four months. So the diamond went into hiding, not back to Bryan like it was supposed to! Oops! But since we have been married for 3 1/2 years and have a child coming any day I think it's safe for the ring to come out of hiding!
Since all we have from that first V-day is a picture of the table and Bryan making food AND since they're not digital I don't have a pic to post but here is one that is back from 2005, before we were engaged. I do want to scan some of our high school pictures to look at how young we were!
It's hard to believe that it's been 10 years!
I am very lucky!

3 comments:

Jaclyn said...

you look younger...but not all that different!!

Jaclyn said...

and p.s. i TOTALLY remember the whole ring incident...funny now!

Katherine said...

Very cute! At first I thought that was your hight school pic and I thought WOW they're aging well!!