Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Another one bites the dust...

Yes, it is true, although I'm pretty sure everyone knows by now! I am pregnant! It was just as much a surprise to us as it might of been to you! (Maybe more!) Once we moved to Rochester I went through two jobs. My first job a absolutely hated and then I got the nanny job. I really liked the job, but my first week working I found out I was pregnant. I told the family right away and they decided that they needed someone to give them a long term committment, and that was clearly not something I could do at that point. So I worked with them until they found a new nanny. They did, and I trained her in and left without having another job lined up. Which was very scary, but at least Bryan has an income at this point! So, I applied for jobs, and went out and drove around looking for something. I drove downtown to a store that I found a couple weeks before and loved. It is a lot like Patina, if you know that store in the cities. I walked in and asked if they were hiring and luckily they were! I took an application, filled it out, interviewed the next day, met with the owner and was hired the same week. It was nice that I ended up only having a week without working before I started the new job. So that is the story!
It was very difficult for me to not tell everyone when we found out we were pregnant but I was worried and really wanted to have the first trimester under my belt before I went out and told everyone. But I do think it made it really exciting when i finally was able to tell people!
I was kinda out of the loop the first few months here, I think because if I had to talk to people it would be really hard not to tell them what was going on. So I'm sorry to everyone I was out of touch with, but now that I'm not as tired and feeling better I will be better, promise!
Now here are a couple pictures, don't laugh- I do have a belly!

14 weeks, before a walk, so not looking so good!
This is me at 15 weeks at my parents house, see the belly?
Me, my sister and my mom this weekend

So all in all things are going well, I'm feeling better and we are getting excited!
My due date is Valentines Day and on Sept. 16 we are finding out the sex!
Any guesses?

7 comments:

The Dahline Family said...

I am so excited for you and Bryan. You will be great parents and have such loving family and friends to support you. You look great Liz and I am excited to watch and learn about your pregnancy experiences. Motherhood is a true blessing and I am excited for you to enter. I hope you continue to feel better. Please let me know if you need anything and I hope to see you soon.

LadyP said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

You're pregnant? I just thought you were getting fat.

amrolih said...

Usually you're the one with the most accurate guess! I'm going to say it's going to be a girl. I'm so excited for you and Bryan! Congrats

Carrie said...

Honestly...I have no idea about the sex! Usually it's exactly the opposite of what I'm thinking. But maybe I'll be right again for the 2nd time...girl? Love you, little mama!

Tiffany and Brian said...

Ok so I'm kind of with Beth and the guessing game. I've been wrong many a times. You look so pretty I'd think you were having a girl but my gut instict says boy. So hard to say but I'm guessing girl just so that either Beth or I will be right this time.
I too am very excited for you and glad you made the big announcement!!!

Erin LaRayne Agosto said...

Let me know when you start having the preggo dreams, like when you dream about giving birth to kittens. You need to blog about those. I am going to guess boy, just for the heck of it. Oh, and I will more than happy to make a chipotle and cold stone run with you.