Thursday, March 20, 2008

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!

The day has finally come!!!

Hello all---it is Noelle (Elizabeth's sister) here. Elizabeth asked me to update her blog to let everyone know what happened today at 11:00am since she isn't able to, but wanted to make sure that everyone who cared could know what was going on.

So this is my perspective of things.........
At about 10:45am this morning I started to pace and my stomach felt like blah and I wanted to die. ha The anticipation was KILLING me!
My sister texted me last night and told me to be ready right at 11am because I would be the first person she called.
So I'm sweaty and shaky and cannot believe how slow time is going by.

At 11:02am, I get a call on my cell phone from my sister's cell phone. I answer it and keep saying hello but she is not there. I can hear her in the background but she isn't talking! So I hang up and call her back and when she finally answers and is on the phone...my shaky voice says, "What is it?? Where are you going???"
And among the many many voices and craziness in the background I slightly hear Elizabeth say---"We got Rochester. Bryan has all 4 years at Mayo!"
And I just about lost it!!! For those of you who were at my sister and Bryan's wedding, you know that I'm not one to hold back emotions, happy and sad. So you can somewhat imagine what I was like when it finally registered that Bryan got in at Mayo for ALL FOUR YEARS!!!
None of this Portland or Pittsburgh CRAP!!!! haha At least thats what I was thinking!!!
When I finally stopped my crying or tried to stop, I went out into the main office area and of course everyone was waiting to hear my news...and I told them all that they will be in Rochester, MN only an HOUR away from me!!! YAY!!!
I cried again when I got a hold of Rian to tell him the great news.
But no more tears because Bryan got into Mayo for all four years, which is basically the best scenario that could have ever happened!
This means that they can actually get a house right away and be settled--which is SO exciting!

I'll stop babbling now, but I thought it would be fun to drag it out in the dramatic sense that I had to live it!!!

Maybe now Elizabeth will get some sleep!!! hehe

Thanks to everyone who has helped Elizabeth and supported her and Bryan through all of this craziness! It was far from easy but today is a very happy day and all the hard work from Bryan and all the stress of travel and decisions that they both had to make have finally paid off!!!

Hope everyone has a great day and a happy holiday weekend!!!

YAY!!! :-)

9 comments:

Anne Bjerken said...

YAY YAY YAY YAY!!! I have been waiting all day for this post like it is the day the ACT scores come in. I couldn't be more excited for you two!

Tiffany and Brian said...

Congrats liz and brian... I'm so happy for you two, I know that Rochester was a top choice and sounds like it will work the best for everyone. We'll be close as well. Mayo is a great place to work... Have a good relaxing weekend.

Anonymous said...

Congrats you guys!!! Glad you'll be able to stay at home!! :)

amrolih said...

What a relief! Congratulations you two! Now you can enjoy your weekend and know what you'll be doing in the future. Nice job Bryan - congrats Elizabeth!

Krista said...

Yipee!!!! This is WONDERFUL news! I had a feeling...heard thats one of the best programs in the country!
Tell Brian that Rochester reminded me a lot of Duluth when I first moved here. You guys need ANYTHING AT ALL- let me know!!!

Erin LaRayne Agosto said...

Yeah! I am happy for the both of you!

Carrie said...

Giddy up. Where's the moving van? Guess I can tone down the dramatics on your parting gifts now!

Beth said...

Congrats to both of you! It will be to still have you so close. Rochester is part of my territory for work...it will be so nice to have someone to visit when I am there! I am so happy for you!

Katherine said...

VERY HAPPY! VERY VERY HAPPY!!!