Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Happy Halloween/Kidney giving/receiving Day!

Well Thursday is the day! Thursday morning my mom and uncle will go in to the hospital at 5:30am and get prepped for surgery around 7am. The surgery should last anywhere from 4-5 hours for both.

The surgery will be done at Fairview University and my mom should be at the hospital 3-5 days.

The whole family is coming down for the surgery which will be nice to take everyone's mind off what's going on and how long it lasts. I am very lucky that my friend Meghan whos is a resident at the U has the day off and is planning to come down and hang out for a couple hours.

Bryan wants to go early to meet the anesthesiologist and get settled in.

So we should be at the hospital around 6am, and I think it's going to be a long day. My cousin is bringin pizza around lunch time for all the family that will be there.

Please keep my mom, Debra and my Uncle, Jimmy in your thoughts and prayers on Thursday and for the next few weeks.

Oh, and Happy Halloween!

4 comments:

Anne Bjerken said...

Good luck! I will be thinking of your family.

Carrie said...

Yes! Let us know how everything goes! Remember all those funny kidney jokes!

Katherine said...

Thinking of you and will pray for everything to go well and smooth healing.
Lots of love to you!

Anne Bjerken said...

How did everything go?