Tuesday, September 16, 2008

We are having a ...

BOY!

The ultrasound went really well today. Everything looked good, and I was measuring right on with my due date. So its staying on Valentine's Day!

Bryan had a very busy day since he was on short call. So I went into the appointment and he was going to try and get there as soon as he could. I told the tech the situation and she did all the other measurements and stuff. Then at the end the receptionist came in and asked if my husband could come in. I think I jumped off the table and barely let her get the sentence out before I said, "yeah, he's here, let him in!" He was just in time and the tech was so great, she went over all the things with Bryan and then asked us if we were ready to know the sex. She started looking and trying to get the little guy to not cross his legs so we could see the parts. Then she said, "well I'm seeing extra parts!" The first thing I said was "I told you!" to Bryan.

After that I met with my doctor, Bryan had to head back. Which made his time in at the appointment about 5 minutes, but it was the 5 that I needed. Just someone to hold my hand and remind me this was real, AND I didn't have to find out the sex by myself!

So all is good! I am feelings good and the belly is growing!

7 comments:

Beth said...

Yay...a boy! I was right! I am so excited. I am really happy that Bryan was able to be there with you for it too! Hope to see you soon! Love you!

Tiffany and Brian said...

It's amazing that I finally guessed right... I'm so very excited for you. A boy is a mother's joy. I love having a son and am so very happy for the two of you. You look like the perfect little pregnant lady. Keep the pictures coming, hopefully I'll rub that belly, somehow???
Thinking of the three of you...

Anonymous said...

congrats!!! boys are so much fun! :)

Carrie said...

Yeah, yeah! There are so many little boys being born in the world these days! I am so happy for you! I'm glad Bryan was able to make it as well. Love you and thanks again for visiting! I'll see you this weekend!

Amy said...

I am so excited you are having a boy! I could hardly stand the wait for your call on Tuesday. You look absolutely beautiful and I cannot wait to see you.
Conor, Baby Boy Chaput and I send our love to you three.

amrolih said...

I think there was a lump in my throat just reading about waiting for Bryan to meet you at the ultrasound! Congrats! I can't wait to go buy more boy clothes for you and Amy! Here come the sweatervests!!

Katherine said...

Trucks and dinosours are in your future! You look adorable and I can't wait to see more of you. I had a great time visiting with you, wished that it could have been longer. Hopefully we'll beable to visit again sooner than later!