Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Hug your loved ones

I just received an email that a high school friend's fiance died this weekend. They were supposed to get married this August. It is so very sad, I can't imagine what she must be going through.

I have to go to a wake this week because a volunteer of ours passed away. He was only 63 and was not sick. It is very sad and difficult and we are going to miss him a lot.

This past weekend I was at a funeral for my aunt's sister who passed away from ovarian cancer. She was only 58.

*There are days and weeks that make you remember to hug your loved ones a little tighter. You don't understand how people who are young and healthy should die. It doesn't seem fair to their families who have to go on after they leave. I don't understand, I don't think I ever will. I also know better than to tell people it's God's plan. I hate when people say that, I mean, what does that mean anyway. I doubt God wants you to feel as horrible as you do. I get it- it's life, accidents happen, and people die but sometimes it's just not fair and it doesn't make sense, and I don't feel that is in God's plan.

Maybe this is getting too religious about these things but it seems to be the common theme and it's a really difficult thing to swallow. I believe in God, on most days. But doesn't everyone doubt that when things like this happen? I would be lying if I said I didn't. Yes, it does make you appreciate life and your loved ones a little more, and yes, that is a good lesson. But there are so many questions that will never be answered and that is frustrating.

Life is so precious and it makes me so angry when you see people taking advantage of all they have. I am to blame as much as the next guy or gal! We forget that we are all human and each day is a gift and nothing is for sure.

So, basically I just wanted to make sure people take this time to hug their families, parents, siblings, spouses, children, friends and remember that every day we have is special- don't waste it! (I will work on my own advice!)

4 comments:

Carrie said...

I will hug them. I love you, too. Thanks for being so honest!

Erin Marie said...

It is amazing how things happen without notice. Sorry to hear about these things. Everything works out for the best. It is always a good reminder to hug the ones you love. Sometimes, I think it gets forgotten in the rush of our busy lives.

amrolih said...

I love your passion! It may not change what has happened, but it certianly strikes a cord.

Tiffany and Brian said...

It's hard to imagine. I have been very blessed so far in life with little loss. It makes you think about each little moment, good or bad it shouldn't be left unnoticed.
Your in my thoughts
Oh and I definately agree with you... I don't think God intended for these things to happen, but I do think there is more to life than we will ever understand.